3 October, 2015
NAMAKPARA OR SALONI RECIPE
DATE – 19.9 15
namakpara or saloni is very famous snack in north india , people make this specially in festival time. Its recipe is very easy. Here I am telling you two methods of this recipe one is deep fry and second one is airfryer recipe. You can make namakpara by using only maida or only wheat flour but here I am using ½ maida and ½ wheat flour. In this namakpara/saloni I have put carayat/onion seeds you can put cumin seeds or coram seeds/ajwaian or kasuri methi its upto you. So try this recipe and share your feed back.
Pre time – 30 mins
cook time – 15 mins
waiting time – 1 hour
type – snack/ north indian
maida – ½ cup +for dusting
wheat flour – ½ cup
ghee – 2 ½ tbsp
onion seeds/ carayat- ½ tsp
water – ¼ cup +1 tbsp
salt – ¾ tsp
oil – for deep fry
- Mix maida, wheat flour, carayat/onion seed and salt and make well in the center.
- Heat the ghee in pan (just heat) and pure it on the top of the well. Mix the ghee with the flour mix nicely with hands.
- Add water to the mixture and make tight dough. Cover the dough with wet,cotton cloth and leave it for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour take big apple size dough,use dusting flour and roll it with rolling pin till it become the size of roti and triple the thickness of roti
- now cut it with knife in the diamond shape.For deep fry
- Now heat oil in kadai for deep frying. When the oil become hot put cut pieces of namakpara or saloni in oil and deep fry it till they turn in golden color(keep turning occasionally). Keep the flame medium to high.
- Place the saloni/namakpara in paper towel to soak the extra oil.
Method for air fryer
1. follow the same method written above before deep fry.
- pre heat the air fryer for 5 min in 180 c temperature.
- Place the cut pieces of namakpara/ saloni in air fryer stand and fry them for 8 min. for first 5 mins cook in 180 c and 3 min in 200 c. in between check the namakpara/saloni if they cook one side stir them with wood spatula.
Your namakpara/ saloni is ready, eat it when it gets cool as snack.
- dough should be tight to get nice crispy namakpara/saloni.
- Cloth should be just wet.
mix flour, carayat and salt
add melted ghee with fiour mix
mix them nicely
add water and make tight dough
cover the dough with wet cloth
take big apple sized dough
make a thick circle
cut into diamond shape
deep fry them in sufficient oil
turn when they cook one side
now namak para is ready
place uncooked namak para in airfriyer container and apply oil
cook namak para in preheated airfriyer for 8 mins